Wednesday 8 June 2011

Red ceramic and silver wearable pieces


I decided to make some uniform pieces...unusual for me!!


Thought I'd use the very expensive red raku glaze I'd bought and fire in the electric kiln because the  results when I'd used the microwave kiln and then reduced were not very good. These are much better and actually usable....so what to do with them? I don't want to use copper as the colours would not compliment each other.....I'll try silver


mmmm.....I'm liking this combination.


I have enough pieces to make another one.....and a whole reel of silver.
This piece became very extravigant...


I liken the ceramic pieces to tiles being grouted together with silver


The texture is made with crocheted cotton chain stitch, the silver is crocheted chain stitch. The chain goes from the silver over the ceramic then back into the silver to create a solid textile

No comments:

Post a Comment