Wednesday 18 May 2011

Making a mould


This bell shaped vessel was thrown by a friend to my specifications and original drawings. Once it was completed and biscuit fired I coated it with wax and made a plaster mould.


It was a bit awkward to get the original pot out of the plaster but I was very happy with the resulting mould and proceeded to make a series of pieces. With the idea being that I will 
 create a series of vessels from the original form...linked by the mould but all taking on different forms, the spaces created will then be stitched with copper once glazed......
Fingers x....I have made 8 pieces in the hopes that I will get at least 4 perfect finished vessels, allowing for any disasters that may occur!!!!



.....here are a few 
I have used white earthenware paper clay and porcelain paperclay. The resulting pieces are very light. 






1 comment:

  1. These vessels are just one element of my degree work....using the same materials and methodology I also intend to creat some wearable pieces

    ReplyDelete