Tuesday 3 May 2011

Degree Work...getting started




This is me loading my new kiln in my new workshop...the garage actually!!! The kiln is second hand but I was extremely lucky to get it for Christmas from my parents....I love being a mature student who still get toys for presents....Its been a learning curve and I've had few hiccups with firing but thankfully I have it under control now. These pieces form part of a series of 8 vessels I have created so far.... using moulds I made from origional thown vessels.

4 comments:

  1. Very exciting, good luck with the firing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks fab =D x can't wait to see the finished article's

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been amazing watching your progress, and the anticipation of waiting for the kiln to be opened!! Your excitment and passsion for what you are doing is contagious- looking forward to having a go! INSPIRATIONAL!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. .........bisque firing completed. now for glazing!!!! Fingers X

    ReplyDelete